If you haven’t heard of them, they’ve toured with Erasure, The Smashing Pumpkins, and Juliette and the Licks.
We’re featuring each of the SFL guys individually on a weekly basis. This week, we have the first of the other set of brothers that make up SFL. Here’s James, the drums of the operation. Check it out!
October 24, 2008
Name: James Krimmel [Scissors For Lefty Drums]
Genre: Indie Rock
Forthcoming Release: Scissors For Lefty EP
Release Date: November 18, 2008 (iTunes)/October 24, 2008 (shows)
This, That, or the Other
1. Underground OR Mainstream? Understream
2. Maintain Artistic Integrity and Vision OR Make a lot of Money? (or both)??? Both
3. Studio or Stage? Stage
4. Spirituality OR Hedonism? Fuck it
5. Make Love, Have Sex, OR %$*!? Sex is lovely
Fill in the Blank
6. Music is my hot hot sex.
7. I’m musically inspired by wrong notes.
8. My favorite old school joint is “Moonlight Sonata” by Beethoven.
9. If I was a super hero I’d be Supertall.
10. Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll should change to Drugs, Rock, and Sexroll.
11. I make music because: I rock.
12. I want my fans to: Come to our shows.
13. If I could share one thing about myself it would be: One perfect song.
14. Wild Card! What’s up with people wanting leaders that are just like them? I want my president to be more smart, charismatic, and certainly more sober than I am.
15. I want my musical legacy to be: One perfect song.
Here’s another pre-release exclusive! Take a listen to “Ornamental.”
We promised 2 new songs from this EP this week, but we went ahead and placed “Consumption Junction” where it should have been in the first place. Check out Robby Garza’s pop quiz to listen to this other pre-release exclusive.
James Krimmel’s favorite old school joint!