Rod Thomas, an independent artist from the UK, wanted to get to SXSW so badly that he played a benefit concert in his native country to help. Now, that’s some ground-rootsiness that I can respect. He recently released what he calls a “mini-album” last Monday, March 2, 2009. I think it’s what we refer to as an EP here in the States. He can call it whatever he wants. He plays the 18th Floor at Hilton Garden Inn (500 North Interstate Highway 35) next Wednesday, March 18, 2008, at 11:00 PM. Check the SXSW site here for more 411.
March 11, 2009
Name: Rod Thomas
Latest Release: Until Something Fits Mini-Album (Self-Released through Self Raising Records)
Release Date: March 2, 2009
This, That, or the Other
1. Underground OR Mainstream? Underground
2. Maintain Artistic Integrity and Vision OR Make a lot of Money? (or both)??? Maintain Artistic Integrity and Vision
3. Studio or Stage? Stage
4. Spirituality OR Hedonism? Hedonism
5. Make Love, Have Sex, OR %$*!? Make Love
Fill in the Blank
6. Music is my favourite vice.
7. I’m musically inspired by everyone I meet.
8. My favorite old school joint is “All That She Wants” by Ace of Base.
9. If I was a super hero I’d be utterly useless.
10. Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll should change to Cake, Wine, and 80s films.
11. I make music because: There is very rarely silence in my head so it has to go somewhere!
12. I want my fans to: Fall in love with my songs as much as I’ve fallen in love with other people’s.
13. If I could share one thing about myself it would be: I love every minute of what I do.
14. Wild Card! I always arrive places too early. And I know every word to every song on Ace of Base’s debut album.
15. I want my musical legacy to be: That I made some great tunes that will long outlive me.
Enjoy the track, “Same Old Lines,” from Until Something Fits and check out his MySpace Page.
Rod Thomas’ favorite old school joint!