December’spop quizzes kick-off with a husband-and-wife duo from El Paso, Texas, who do solo work and group work, as well, as ElectroLegs. Forpop quizpurposes, we’ll feature them as their individual personas. They’re a little more experimental than what you might expect frompopolio. But, that’s the point. We don’t want popolio to become too predictable if we can help it, now do we? I also wanted to rep my hometown of El Paso with some interesting artists. First up, this week, is the husband, known asAux.78. Check for his wife, Muekanisms’pop quiz, next week.
Shout out to Fran Santelli for having them all on her MySpace Page first!
December 5, 2008
Genre: Experimental/Electracoustic/Ambient/Hard to Define
Latest Release: A Worn Ballad (Self-Released)
Release Date: November 7, 2008
This, That, or the Other
1. Underground OR Mainstream? Underground. I’m too musically moody to be mainstream. Mainstream would bore me. I would try to turn too many corners and want too much artistic freedom. I am Underground because I’m sure the Mainstream won’t embrace my music.
2. Maintain Artistic Integrity and Vision OR Make a lot of Money? (or both)??? I set me goals to earning enough money to break even or luckily to make a little bit more cash for the next CD’s duplication, promotion costs.
3. Studio or Stage?I love the stage but I get more pleasure and creative freedom in the studio. The studio can be an open place where the aspect of recreating the work live does not always matter. That is another aspect of music that I have always loved. I can pop in a CD and listen to a dead man. I can listen to a song that was never intended to be performed live. Is the live audience cheated? I don’t think so. Aux.78 is mostly a recording project. Every once and a while I’ll perform solo but the majority of my live work is with ElectroLegs.
4. Spirituality OR Hedonism? Spirituality in creativity. Seeking inspiration is spirituality in itself.
5. Make Love, Have Sex, OR %$*!? %$*! the daylights out of the one I love!…and war is for past generations.
Fill in the Blank 6. Music is mydiary and major source for self expression. Music is the monkey on my back that I intentionally feed. 7. I’m musically inspired byother music, life, and the tensions between opposites.
8. My favorite old school joint isLike a jam? Back in the day? Howz bout. “Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)”by The Eurythmics. 9. If I was a super hero I’d be Dead. 10. Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll should change toOriginality, Musical Guts, and A Lack of Ego.
11. I make music because: I have to. Some people write in diaries. I make songs and tunes. (noise to some) 12. I want my fans to: Expose themselves to all types of music and truly hear what moves them.
13. If I could share one (OR TWO!!!!!) thing about myself it would be: The fact that I eat few things that had eyes at one time. 14. Wild Card! I don’t gamble.
15. I want my musical legacy to be: An ounce of introverted emotion distilled in the listener.
From Aux.78′s latest, A Worn Ballad, here’s the track, “Live Onto Life.” Enjoy!