Univision’s 5th annual Premios Texas 2009 take place next Thursday, August 13, 2009, right here in the ATX. In celebration and anticipation of the event popolio is hosting a ticket giveaway (read more about the show and the popolio giveaway here) as well as featuring nominated and/or performing Premios Texas Artist pop quizzes as a weekly countdown to the event EVERY WEDNESDAY.
Second up is the Tejano Grammy Nominee and Edinburg, Texas’ very own hometown guy, Bobby Pulido. Another of the night’s performers, he’s nominated for Best Tejano Artist. You can vote for him here. Not sure if he’s sharing his answer to Number 13 for the first time anywhere or if it’s information that’s already out there. If not, I feel priveleged that he felt comfortable enough to share it here at popolio first. A bit of a shocking “If I could share one thing about myself…” Either way, I wish him well with that and on the music-side, much continued success. Check out the pop quiz NOW.
Name: Bobby Pulido
Latest Release: Enfermo de Amor (South Central)
Release Date: October 11, 2007
This, That, or the Other
1. Underground OR Mainstream? Underground. There’s more loyalty.
2. Maintain Artistic Integrity and Vision OR Make a lot of Money? (or both)?? I always try for both.
3. Studio or Stage? Definitely, Stage.
4. Spirituality or Hedonism? Neither. I prefer realism.
5. Make Love, Have Sex, OR %$*!? %$*!?, if it means what I think it means.
Fill in the Blank
6. Music is my way of inviting you into my world.
7. I’m musically inspired by anything and everything in the universe.
8. My favorite old school joint is “My Way” by Frank Sinatra.
9. If I was a super hero I’d be Superman. I love the x-ray vision.
10. Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll should change to Sex, Sex, and More Sex if you can.
11. I make music because: I love to create sounds and ideas that affect people in a positive way.
12. I want my fans to: Know that I’m a real person. Not some fake artist that wants a certain image promoted. If I’m happy, you’ll know it. If I’m not, you will also.
13. If I could share one thing about myself it would be: I have celiac disease.
14. Wild Card! I hate shows like MTV Cribs. They promote everything that is wrong in our society. They’re nothing but a bunch of posers who eventually end up broke. That’s not the “real world.”
15. I want my musical legacy to be: That I always kept my music fresh.
Listen to “Desvelado Acustico” from Bobby Pulido’s latest release, Enfermo de Amor. This is a version of one of his classics and word on the street is that this is what he might be performing. Go to his official site for more.
Bobby Pulido’s favorite old school joint!