NYC artist Clarence Bucaro just released his latest album last Tuesday, March 3, 2009. It’s a collection that the New York Times hails as, “Warm songs that hark back to late seventies Van Morisson.” With a new breakthrough release on his hands, he’s playing SXSW next week. His show is next Saturday, March 21, 2009, at Aces Lounge (222 East 6th Street) at 9:00 PM. More info at the SXSW site here. Check the Texas connection with his answer to Number 8.
March 12, 2009
Name: Clarence Bucaro
Latest Release: ‘Til Spring (2020 Records)
Release Date: March 3, 2009
This, That, or the Other
1. Underground OR Mainstream? Mainstream
2. Maintain Artistic Integrity and Vision OR Make a lot of Money? (or both)??? Maintain Artistic Integrity and Vision
3. Studio or Stage? Stage
4. Spirituality OR Hedonism? Spirituality
5. Make Love, Have Sex, OR %$*!? Make Whoopee!
Fill in the Blank
6. Music is my outlet.
7. I’m musically inspired by people who bare all. And Bob Dylan.
8. My favorite old school joint is “It’s All In Your Mind” by Jack Teagarden.
9. If I was a super hero I’d be Took online test. Spider-Man!
10. Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll should change to Words, Integrity, and Musical Instruments!
11. I make music because: I have no choice, I always felt born to do so.
12. I want my fans to: Be all ages.
13. If I could share one thing about myself it would be: That I own a pair of Uggs and after a year and a half of struggling with that fact, have finally turned my shame to pride.
14. Wild Card! Art will have a major resurgence in the next 10 years.
15. I want my musical legacy to be: Somebody’s inspiration.
Enjoy the track, “‘Til A Spring Wind Blows Again,” from ‘Til Spring. Check out his official site for more.
Clarence Bucaro’s favorite old school joint!
Editor’s Note: Another challenging old school joint selection from one of this week’s SXSW [popolio pop quiz] Artists. The first being from Kendra Ross. I could not find a video for “It’s All In Your Mind.” You get “Basin Street Blues” and “That’s A Plenty,” instead!