Due to some difficulties this did not post on Friday as scheduled. Things are back on track. Apologies to Tarra Dei. No less enjoyable today, though. Read on.
Tarra Dei is a New Jersey pop artist who’s debut album, Loved, is one of the first two CDs I reviewed to kick-off the feature LTR (Long Term Review) here at popolio last month. Read the review here. Now, that the pressure’s off , she can have fun with our pop quiz. She’s up-and-coming and so are we, so we relate.
June 5, 2009
Name: Tarra Dei
Latest Release: Loved (API Records)
Release Date: March 3, 2009
This, That, or the Other
1. Underground OR Mainstream? Mainstream
2. Maintain Artistic Integrity and Vision OR Make a lot of Money? (or both)?? I think a little of both would be perfect!
3. Studio or Stage? Stage!
4. Spirituality or Hedonism? Spirituality takes you further in life
5. Make Love, Have Sex, OR %$*!? Make Love
Fill in the Blank
6. Music is my boyfriend.
7. I’m musically inspired by the experimental sounds of the ‘80s.
8. My favorite old school joint is “Enjoy the Silence” by Depeche Mode.
9. If I was a super hero I’d be Super Anxiety Girl.
10. Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll should change to Love, Pharmaceuticals, and Pop.
11. I make music because: I can’t live without it.
12. I want my fans to: Identify with my lyrics.
13. If I could share one thing about myself it would be: I am the most uncultured cultured person you will ever meet, and I will make you laugh so hard that you might wet yourself…
14. Wild Card! If I had to choose between being blind and deaf, I’d rather be blind, because I could never live in a world without sound.
15. I want my musical legacy to be: If I can inspire one person with something that I wrote… that’s legacy enough for me.
Listen to Tarra Dei’s “Here We Go” from her debut release, Loved. Check out her official site for more.
Tarra Dei’s favorite old school joint!