Happy Halloween! October has been Scissors For Lefty Month at popolio pop quiz and it’s not over just yet. If you don’t know by now, they’re a band out of San Francisco made up of members from two families.
We featured each of the SFL guys individually on a weekly basis and have one more to go. Last, but certainly not least, we have the second half of the second set of brothers that are part of SFL. Peter is the the piano player of the bunch. Hope you are entertained and that you have enjoyed the series as a whole.
October 31, 2008
Name: Peter Krimmel [Scissors For Lefty Piano]
Genre: Indie Rock
Debut Release: Bruno (Self-Released)
Release Date: Late 2005
This, That, or the Other
1. Underground OR Mainstream? Quicksand
2. Maintain Artistic Integrity and Vision OR Make a lot of Money? (or both)??? Artistic integrity plus popularity. No one makes money anymore
3. Studio or Stage? Stage in the evening, Studio after the show
4. Spirituality OR Hedonism? Both
5. Make Love, Have Sex, OR %$*!? Yes
6. Music is my balance.
7. I’m musically inspired by great songs.
8. My favorite old school joint is “Here,There and Everywhere” by The Beatles.
9. If I was a super hero I’d be The Six Million Dollar Brain.
10. Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll should change to Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll is still relevant.
11. I make music because: I have to. I don’t feel complete if I’m not making music.
12. I want my fans to: Get out and take on the world.
13. If I could share one thing about myself it would be: I’m an excellent travel companion.
14. Wild Card! I’m good at Ping Pong. Not so much at Foosball.
15. I want my musical legacy to be: Great melodies and cool sounds.
We left the best for last, “More Than The Summer,” from SFL’s debut release, Bruno, because Bryan Garza, himself, told popolio that this is the most played song on their MySpace Page. Enjoy!
Peter Krimmel’s favorite old school joint!