Univision’s 5th annual Premios Texas 2009 take place TOMORROW, Thursday, August 13, 2009, right here in the ATX. In celebration and anticipation of the event popolio hosted a ticket giveaway (I’ll announce the 2 winners later tonight!) and has been featuring nominated and/or performing Premios Texas Artist pop quizzes as a part of a weekly countdown ever Wednesday. This will be the last one. I had promised 5, but, unfortunately, things didn’t go as planned, so this is it. Hope you enjoyed the last 3 and will like this one, too.
Speaking of, last up is Panamanian reggaetonero, Makano. I really wanted to have Makano on because I’m Panamanian-American. Represent! Represent! Of course. Though I intended a fifth pop quiz, it’s kind of nice to end with his. He’s been making some noise with another Reggae-Pana, Flex, and, more recently, has been blowing up on his own. He’s nominated for Best Hip-Hop/Urban Artist and Breakthrough Artist of the Year. I believe you can still vote for him here. He’s performing at a pre-concert tonight and should be doing his thing tomorrow, too. Without any further ado, here it is.
Editor’s Note: This pop quiz is translated from the Spanish.
Genre: Romantic Reggae
Debut Release: Te Amo (Panama Music Corp.)
Release Date: November 18, 2008
This, That, or the Other
1. Underground OR Mainstream? No Answer
2. Maintain Artistic Integrity and Vision OR Make a lot of Money? (or both)?? Maintain Artistic Integrity and Vision
3. Studio or Stage? Studio
4. Spirituality or Hedonism? Spirituality
5. Make Love, Have Sex, OR %$*!? Make Love
Fill in the Blank
6. Music is my life and my passion.
7. I’m musically inspired by my day-to-day living.
8. My favorite old school joint is “Experencia Religiosa” by Enrique Iglesias.
9. If I was a super hero I’d be Superman.
10. Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll should change to Love, Sports, and Reggae.
11. I make music because: I like it and it spiritually fulfills me.
12. I want my fans to: Continue to give me their support.
13. If I could share one thing about myself it would be: I will continue making my music.
14. Wild Card! Give respect to receive respect.
15. I want my musical legacy to be: To inspire other talented young people to believe in their dreams.
Listen to “Déjame Entrar” from Makano’s debut release, Te Amo. Go to his MySpace Page for more.
Makano’s favorite old school joint!