The Ugly Beats are an Austin band that I first featured in a 5 Questions for interview at the beginning of the month. We had some technical difficulties with the song featured in that post, so I’m re-presenting it below this post. That means that you get a double doze of ”ugly” with two songs and a music video to boot. With their 1960s flavor I just have to say, “Right On.”
June 19, 2009
Name: The Ugly Beats
Genre: Rock and Roll Music
Latest Release: Take a Stand with The Ugly Beats (GET HIP Records)
Release Date: 2006
This, That, or the Other
1. Underground OR Mainstream? Underground
2. Maintain Artistic Integrity and Vision OR Make a lot of Money? (or both)?? Maintain Artistic Integrity
3. Studio or Stage? STAGE – Have fun and make the people have fun.
4. Spirituality or Hedonism? Spirituality, Love
5. Make Love, Have Sex, OR %$*!? Make Love
Fill in the Blank
6. Music is my family. The Beats are.
7. I’m musically inspired by living and playing with great musicians.
8. My favorite old school joint is “Bernadette” by The Four Tops.
9. If I was a super hero I’d be Super Buff.
10. Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll should change to Sex (is good), Wine, and Tasty Tortillas.
11. I make music because: It keeps us sane and it’s a lot of fun to go places and eat their food and drink their wine.
12. I want my fans to: Have a sweaty good time and yell at us.
13. If I could share one thing about myself it would be: The Ugly Beats are nicer.
14. Wild Card! Editor’s Note: No Answer
15. I want my musical legacy to be: Some kids covering our songs in the year 2525 and getting royalty checks for $300 every other day.
Listen to “Light Comes On” from Take a Stand with The Ugly Beats. Check out their MySpace Page for more.
The Ugly Beats favorite old school joint!