Originally posted July 22, 2009
August 5, 2009 UPDATE: So, there was no winner for the first set of trivia questions (see below). Had 2 people come really close, but they couldn’t get Number 1 correct. Vallejo and Vallejo Brothers are in the question, so it is not the answer. I’m looking for another name altogether for their cover band.
And, admittedly, I’m no mathmatician. Originally, the first pop quiz was going to post 1 week earlier. In doing my calendar math, I still thought I had five weeks ’til the event, but it’s only four. You’ll still get 5 pop quizzes, though. The last 2 will just post the same day or on one day and then the next. That would be next week for those who are good at math! Since, it goes down next Thursday. I’m so excited.
Anyway, I’m just going to extend the first trivia contest and, hopefully, I can get a winner. I’m also throwing in another 3 trivia questions for 2 more FREE TICKETS. Hopefully, folks will find these questions easier. And, those 2 of you that came really close, can go for these, instead.
So, both contests will continue, and I need the answers by noon next Wednesday, August 12, 2009, for both set of questions. The same person cannot win both sets of tickets. First to get me the answers for either wins.
The second set of questions are:
1. In what year were the Premios Texas Awards presented for the very first time?
2. Premios Texas 2009 will be televised nationally on what network?
3. Which Premios Texas 2009 Nominee’s last three Spanish-language albums have all consecutively peaked at the #1 spot on Billboard’s Top Latin Album chart?
Remember, email the answers with your full name and a phone number to popolio[dot]com[at]gmail[dot]com. Check out the pop quizzes and good luck!
* * *
I’m excited to announce our third official giveaway and promotion for Univision’s fifth annual Premios Texas 2009 that take place LIVE on Thursday, August 13, 2009, at the Joe R. and Teresa Lozano Long Center for Performing Arts at 6PM. This is THE Latin music awards show in Texas that takes place right here in the ATX. It will air on Univision stations throughout Texas with a “Best Of” Show scheduled for Saturday, August 22, 2009.
Expect performances and/or appearances by local favorites, Vallejo, as well as Latin pop star, Olga Tañón, and Panamanian reggaetonero, Makano, to name a few. A lot going on, so bare with me on this wordy post.
So, tickets are FREE all around, but they want REAL FANS to attend. So, though the tickets are free, you have to work for them. You can’t just pick them up at the corner 7-11. You have to really want them.
There will even be a RED CARPET. It’s seems to be shaping up to be quite an event. Before I announce the ways to win tickets from popolio, let me run down all the other ways you can get yourself to the red carpet and to the show.
To win tickets:
- Go to premiostexas.com, click on the “Gana Boletos Gratis” banner, and submit your answer and contact info via email to the question, “Why do I want to go to Premios Texas?”
- Watch Univision 62 — Despierta Austin Saturdays at 10AM
- Watch Noticias Univision 62 everyday at 5PM and 10PM
- Tune in and listen to Hitz FM 107.7
- Tune in and listen to La Que Buena 104.3
- Send your ballot (apparently, there’s a ballot) to ¡ahora sí!
No children will be allowed at the orchestra levels, semi-formal attire is required.
Now, on to the popolio contest.
CONTEST*: I’m going to give away 2 FREE TICKETS to Premios Texas 2009 to the first person who emails me the correct answers to the following 3 trivia questions. You get 2 weeks to do your research and get me the right answers. But, remember, first correct person wins. The questions are:
1. The Vallejo brothers also occasionally perform as an ’80s rock cover band here in Austin. What is the name of their ’80s cover band?
2. Premios Nominee, Reyli Barba, was the lead singer of what Latin pop rock band in the early ’90s?
3. Which Premios Nominee holds the record as the artist that has won the most Premios Los Nuestros Awards, with a total of 24?
Email the answers with your full name and a phone number to popolio[dot]com[at]gmail[dot]com by noon on Wednesday, August 5, 2009.
Then, that same day, we’ll announce the winner of this first contest and we’ll ask 3 new trivia questions to give away 2 more FREE tickets. Same person cannot win twice.
pop quizzes: popolio will feature 5 weekly Premios Texas Artist popolio pop quizzes as a major countdown to the award show. Check back later today to see who the first artist will be and tune in EVERY WEDNESDAY to see who the rest are. Read their answers, listen to their singles, and watch their favorite old school videos.
Get revved up because this is pretty exciting stuff. popolio is revved and will be at the show. Can’t wait to see you there.
*GIVEAWAY DISCLAIMER: Further details regarding pick-up and/or delivery of prize(s), claim deadlines, etc. will be provided to winners. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to residents of Austin and nearby municipalities. Employees of Univision, Premios Texas 2009, and popolio.com and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and internet agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible.