I thought it would be fun to countdown MY TOP 10: Music Video Cameos. That is, music videos with cameos by non-musical personalities who are known for working in other areas of show biz. My criteria were that:
1) the video be memorable, of course;
2) the featured personality not be another musical artist at the time (now if they became musical artists at a later point that’s another story; they’re still eligible);
3) the featured personality be known at the time (not be an unknown who became known later); and
4) the cameo be a worthwhile part in the video (not just a 2-second spot).
5. Jennifer Lopez in Puff Daddy & The Family’s “Been Around The World” featuring the Notorious B.I.G. and Ma$e
Okay, so it’s no secret I’m a J.Lo fan. Now, this was right at the brink of J.Lo mania. A little before kicking off her music career, but she’s in Diddy’s video here who was instrumental in her early pop success. So, you know things were already percolating and brewing between the two regarding her next moves musically and personally.
If you’re going to have cameo in a music video, this is the way to do it — as the queen of some fictional country. I’d be the queen of some fictional country. (Okay, so she’s the princess of Tunisia, but queen of some fictional country is so much better.) And you get to get your dance on. I’d get my dance on, too. A remake of sorts of the Lisa Stansfield classic, “All Around The World.” Vivica A. Fox, Quincy Jones, and Wyclef Jean also guest. Enjoy!