Darci Monet was introduced to popolio last month by way of my LTR (Long Term Review) of her latest release, Fusion, here. Now, she joins us for a pop quiz.
August 28, 2009
Name: Darci Monet
Latest Release: Fusion (Self-Released)
Release Date: May 12, 2009
This, That, or the Other
1. Underground OR Mainstream? How about Mainstream with an Underground edge?
2. Maintain Artistic Integrity and Vision OR Make a lot of Money? (or both)?? I think these days musicians have the opportunity to do both if they choose to.
3. Studio or Stage? Recording sessions are my favorite thing EVAH.
4. Spirituality or Hedonism? Both. I’m a Taurus. We like to thank God for the self-indulgence we are about to commit.
5. Make Love, Have Sex, OR %$*!? When I find time for any of those options, I’ll be sure to let you know.
Fill in the Blank
6. Music is my therapy.
7. I’m musically inspired by my artist friends, random acts of musicality from toddlers & the occasional broken heart.
8. My favorite old school joint is “Have A Good Time” by Rufus & Chaka Khan
9. If I were super hero I’d be The White Oprah.
10. Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll should change to Sleep, Cheeseburger, and Ann Wilson.
11. I make music because: I can’t seem to help it. I’ve tried to quit many times, but every time it hunts me down and gets in my face. I’ve finally acquiesced.
12. I want my fans to: Be moved and blessed by my songs. And tell their friends to buy my album. 😉
13. If I could share one thing about myself it would be: I’m as down-to-earth a person as you’ll ever meet…but, I don’t suffer fools gladly.
14. Wild Card! Here’s a subject: The baker’s dozen is neither a baker nor a dozen. Discuss.
15. I want my musical legacy to be: That I was considered a “modern day poet.” Perhaps unattainable, but I do try.
Listen to Darci Monet’s “Raging” from her latest release, Fusion. Go to her MySpace Page for more.
Darci Monet’s favorite old school joint!
Editor’s Note: I couldn’t find a video of just “Have A Good Time,” but I found this medley performance on Soul Train.